Since late 2006, we have held over 100 meetings with our residents, neighbors, and other stakeholders to gather input and share our vision for revitalizing Parkmerced for the future. These have ranged from small group briefings to large public workshops, and we look forward to continued discussions throughout the coming year and beyond. Please click here to view past presentations, bulletins and meeting summaries which reflect the information we've been sharing and the feedback we've heard.
How to Make Parkmerced More Sustainable? Survey Results Are In!
Thanks to all who participated in our recent online survey on how to make Parkmerced more sustainable in the future.
Respondents ranked improved transportation as the top improvement desired, noting in particular the need for a shuttle to BART, better transit, and improved transit circulation in and around Parkmerced. Community-serving retail was also noted as important with more than half of respondents ranking coffee shops, restaurants and retail within walking distance as critical and about a third interested in more parks, playgrounds and corner markets. Sustainable development and usable open space and recreational facilities were noted by one quarter of respondents as of most importance, specifically, more efficient use of water and energy including solar power and a new pool and athletic fields ranked highest.
We’ll continue to work with the community to develop Parkmerced’s long-range plan. Stay tuned for information on future meetings and other opportunities to provide us with your input.
Click here to see the full survey results.
San Francisco Planning Commission
For information regarding past and future Planning Commission hearings regarding the Parkmerced Project including Project Overview agendas, Plan Documents, Planning Commission Packets & Presentations, Development Agreement, and Environmental Review please visit the Parkmerced Project page on the Planning Department website.
- July 29, 2015 Phase 1 Overview Executive Summary (pdf)
- July 30, 2015 Design Review Staff Report (pdf)
- Phase 1 Project Implementation
- 300 Arballo Drive Design Review Application (pdf)
- 199 Vidal Drive Design Review Application (previously 99 Vidal Drive) (pdf)
- 455 Serrano/850 Gonzalez Design Review Application (pdf)
- 1188-1198 Junipero Serra Boulevard Design Review Application (pdf)
- 21-25 Chumasero Drive Design Review Application (pdf)
- Resident Newsletters
- Meeting Summaries
- January 19, 2016 Vision Update (Coming Soon!)
- September 9, 2015 Tenant Relocation Plan 1A-1B Meeting Summary (pdf)
- May 11, 2015 Development Phase 1 Update and Tenant Relocation Plan (pdf)
- November 2014 Parkmerced Resident Meeting (pdf)
- April 2010 Parkmerced Community Meeting (pdf)
- Interns and Scholarship Opportunities
Parkmerced Vision Intern Program
Applications for the Parkmerced Vision Intern Program are now being accepted for Winter/Spring 2016. This is a paid internship ($20 per hour) over a 6-month period. During the school year commitment is part-time. Hours are negotiable. You must be available for the entire duration of the program. The Internship will begin in January 2016 and end roughly in June 2016.
We offer the opportunity to work on construction, engineering, design, and/or planning related projects as an integrated member of our project team alongside professionals and consultants at all levels of their career. Our intern program will expose participants to a wide range of experiences within architecture, urban planning, interiors, graphic design, consulting, and construction. The intern will be in the office, architect or consultants’ office daily assisting on all aspects of project implementation, including, but not limited to presentations for owners to working with the construction team. An intern may also be conducting research on sites, such as zoning laws, and organizing plans or specifications.
Please download the application for selection criteria. For more information email email@example.com or call 415.405.4666. Applications due December 11, 2015.
Applications for the 2015 Parkmerced Scholarship are now being accepted for Fall/Winter 2015. The $1000 scholarship will be awarded in December to a current full-time student pursuing a certificate, undergraduate, or graduate program in engineering, architecture, urban planning, construction, or related field. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.405.4666.
- Current rentals and resident relations: www.parkmerced.com
- Sustainable City: www.sustainable-city.org
- Rocky Mountain Institute: www.rmi.org
- US EPA site on green building initiative: www.epa.gov/greenbuilding
- US Green Building Council http: www.usgbc.org
- Greenbelt Alliance: www.greenbelt.org/index.shtml
- Bay Area Transportation and Land Use Coalition: www.transcoalition.org
- SPUR: www.spur.org (See the Sustainable Development link)
- Lake Merced Task Force: www.lmft.org
Related San Francisco Programs & Departments
- San Francisco Planning Department: www.sfgov.org/site/planning
- San Francisco Department of the Environment: www.sfenvironment.com
- San Francisco County Transportation Authority: www.sfcta.org
- San Francisco Better Streets Plan: www.sfbetterstreets.org
- San Francisco Transit Effectiveness Project: www.sftep.org
- San Francisco wasterwater and stormwater master plan: www.sfsewers.org
- San Francisco stormwater design guidelines: stormwater.sfwater.org
Related Parkmerced Programs