Since late 2006, we have held over 100 meetings with our residents, neighbors, and other stakeholders to gather input and share our vision for revitalizing Parkmerced for the future. These have ranged from small group briefings to large public workshops, and we look forward to continued discussions throughout the coming year and beyond. Please click here to view past presentations, bulletins and meeting summaries which reflect the information we've been sharing and the feedback we've heard.
How to Make Parkmerced More Sustainable? Survey Results Are In!
Thanks to all who participated in our recent online survey on how to make Parkmerced more sustainable in the future.
Respondents ranked improved transportation as the top improvement desired, noting in particular the need for a shuttle to BART, better transit, and improved transit circulation in and around Parkmerced. Community-serving retail was also noted as important with more than half of respondents ranking coffee shops, restaurants and retail within walking distance as critical and about a third interested in more parks, playgrounds and corner markets. Sustainable development and usable open space and recreational facilities were noted by one quarter of respondents as of most importance, specifically, more efficient use of water and energy including solar power and a new pool and athletic fields ranked highest.
We’ll continue to work with the community to develop Parkmerced’s long-range plan. Stay tuned for information on future meetings and other opportunities to provide us with your input.
Click here to see the full survey results.
San Francisco Planning Commission
For information regarding past and future Planning Commission hearings regarding the Parkmerced Project including Project Overview agendas, Plan Documents, Planning Commission Packets & Presentations, Development Agreement, and Environmental Review please visit the Parkmerced Project page on the Planning Department website.
- Interns and Scholarship Opportunities
Applications Due May 15, 2015
Parkmerced is currently accepting applications for our 2015 Parkmerced Vision Intern Program based in San Francisco, CA. Up to two (2) applicants may be selected. The position is paid and will occur over a 6-month period. Parkmerced will give priority to students currently enrolled at San Francisco State University or City College of San Francisco in urban design, planning, architecture, engineering, or related program. For more information email email@example.com or call 415.405.4666.
Parkmerced Robert L. Pender Memorial Scholarship
Applications Due May 15, 2015
The Parkmerced Robert L. Pender Memorial Scholarship was established in to encourage the pursuit of career paths in engineering, architecture, urban planning, and related fields. The $1000 scholarship will be awarded to any full-time student pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in engineering, architecture, urban planning, construction, or a related field. Priority to students currently enrolled at San Francisco State University or City College of San Francisco. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.405.4666.
- Meeting Summaries
- May 11, 2015 Development Phase 1 Update and Tenant Relocation Plan (Coming Soon)
- November 2014 Parkmerced Resident Meeting (pdf)
- April 2010 Parkmerced Community Meeting (pdf)
- Current rentals and resident relations: www.parkmerced.com
- Sustainable City: www.sustainable-city.org
- Rocky Mountain Institute: www.rmi.org
- US EPA site on green building initiative: www.epa.gov/greenbuilding
- US Green Building Council http: www.usgbc.org
- Greenbelt Alliance: www.greenbelt.org/index.shtml
- Bay Area Transportation and Land Use Coalition: www.transcoalition.org
- SPUR: www.spur.org (See the Sustainable Development link)
- Lake Merced Task Force: www.lmft.org
Related San Francisco Programs & Departments
- San Francisco Planning Department: www.sfgov.org/site/planning
- San Francisco Department of the Environment: www.sfenvironment.com
- San Francisco County Transportation Authority: www.sfcta.org
- San Francisco Better Streets Plan: www.sfbetterstreets.org
- San Francisco Transit Effectiveness Project: www.sftep.org
- San Francisco wasterwater and stormwater master plan: www.sfsewers.org
- San Francisco stormwater design guidelines: stormwater.sfwater.org
Related Parkmerced Programs