It’s no secret that traffic congestion and parking along 19th Avenue and in adjacent neighborhoods are big problems now, and it’s only going to get worse without dramatic changes.
Parkmerced is ready to commit the resources to improve transportation in the area, something that hasn’t happened on the west side over the past 40 years. We plan to do this by creating a neighborhood for our residents where car use is an option, not a necessity:
- Rerouting the Muni Metro M-Line light rail into Parkmerced to provide safer, more convenient access for our residents and neighbors and help relieve congestion on 19th Avenue.
- Providing our residents smart travel options, including a direct shuttle to Daly City BART, discounted transit passes, carpool/vanpool program, car-share hubs, on-site bicycle rentals and extensive bicycle and pedestrian trails, one-to-one parking ratios, satellite parking lots, and permit or metered-only parking on the streets, plus other features.
- Improving access into Parkmerced to ease traffic congestion on neighborhood streets.
- Upgrading the Brotherhood Way/Junipero Serra Boulevard interchange to improve traffic flow and adding traffic calming measures along Brotherhood Way.
- Working with the City and other agencies to improve Muni service and rebuild other difficult interchanges and freeway connections in the area.